The Seadraulics tools were worked pretty hard, many of the ROVOP guys found it hard to use the T4 with super grinder. Once they figured out if you don’t wave the T4 around, allowed the blade to sink into the metal and then very small movements to open up the cut without stalling the blade.
• The Carbide blades worked the best by far, each blade could cut about 1-2 hours before needing to be changed out.
• The ROV handles were set on a 45 degree angle, not so good to control the blade in the cut, we had the welder
head and bend the handles a little to be straight with the body of the Grinder, hopefully Seadraulics don’t mind.
• Suction pump is compact and easy to mount.
• Sticky foot itself is lightweight and easy to maneuver or store on front of ROV.
• With a fairly clean surface (no hard growth) the sticky foot holds very well actually. More than enough to
stabilize the ROV onto the surface of the Steel plate.
All went well and thanks very much for all your help this year, hope you have a great break with the family and I’ll no doubt be in touch next year for some more tools
Keith CrudenROV Operations Engineer